From January 26th to 30th, 2019, the 19th Sirha will be held in Lyon. This year it and will boast an additional hall offering an extra 10,000 sqm to accommodate 3,000 exhibitors and brands covering 12 sectors. This means the 200,000 professionals visiting from all over the world will enjoy an even broader and more varied offering.
A GROWING FOOD SERVICE MARKET
A survey by Sirha partner research institute NPD shows that all indicators are green for out of home catering in main European countries where all markets are on the up.
The market for catering and snacking is strong and is stepping up its pace in a favourable environment driven by quick service, fast food and fast casual, new times of the day such as breakfast and afternoon snacks, and the boom in Food Tech that boost sales for independent operators.
In this environment, the innovations revealed by Sirha and its’ exhibitors play an essential driving role: they enable players in the Food Service industry to anticipate on the demand, rethink their offers or processes, and satisfy more efficiently their customers’ expectations to boost their sales.
SIRHA WORLD CUISINE SUMMIT
The Sirha World Cuisine Summit embodies the motivation of Sirha to offer ever more solutions to both exhibitors and visitors. For 2019, Sirha has imagined an exclusive event with top level international contributors in order to put into perspective the fundamental issues in the catering and Food Service industry.
- WHY? In a continuously changing world out-of-home catering is now at a major turning point and stands to become the future of food consumption.
- OBJECTIVES? Review the trends and stakes in the Food Service industry ; Contribute to the development of the sector ; Promote responsible and sustainable growth for professionals.
- WHO? Contributions by internationally renowned experts: top Chefs, representatives from international organisations, political figures, opinion and action leaders from sectors complementary to Food Service.
- WHO FOR? A panel of 150 Chefs, 150 opinion and action leaders as well as some guests.
- HOW? Through a series of roundtables and contributions as part of an afternoon with lively discussions. Also featuring sensory and tasting experiences.
- WHEN ? Tuesday 29th, January 2019, 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm
INNOVATION TERRITORIES 2019
Food Service Vision and Sirha have carried out a large-scale multi-source survey to capture the major current and short term influences in Food Service. 7 main influences that concern 4 categories of trends: Awareness (Flexitarism and Responsibility), Wellbeing (Naturally good), Territoriality (Locavorism and Globalisation) and Augmented Experience (Convenience and Emotions). These precursory signs already affect all sectors of catering and Food Service and will become increasingly important within the next three years. They inspired 3 “live” pop up restaurant concepts showcased on “6e Sens”, and will be used to decrypt exhibitors’ new products on Sirha Innovations and new products area.
Issues concerning the quality and selection of products are among the first mentioned by consumers: they feel responsible for what they order and what they eat, as well as for the consequences on their health and the environment in general. As a result, demand for vegetal and local food is soaring and affects all types of catering as well as the suppliers. The focus on health does not preclude the pleasure of eating, as consumers want to do their bodies good while eating ‘good and natural’, regardless of the type of catering establishments and region of the world. Finally, today’s consumers and chefs are now in constant contact so as to better enjoy, avoid the irritants and offer a smoother eating experience.
6e Sens: Through three concepts of pop up restaurants created in partnership with Institut Paul Bocuse and inspired by the Food Service Vision 7 influences, 6e Sens proposes a real immersive experience. Sirha visitors who eat at these ephemeral eateries will experience the latest trends in the sector and will discover the novelties in table ware, dining room design and arrangement: sources of inspiration for their own establishments.
Sirha Studio TV set: Food Studio is a laboratory of ideas and a place where one can enjoy first-hand the major trends presented at Sirha thanks to a rich programme that is as educational as it is inspiring. Over 5 days it will feature a dense programme of interviews, demonstrations and conferences, with contributions from top decision makers, top chefs and professionals from the catering and hospitality sectors.
2019 Sirha Innovation awards:
– 12/11/18 : closing of applocations
– 11/12/18 : oral presentation before the jury
– 27/01/19 : prize ceremony on Sirha TV set
On the Espace des Chefs area, 12 international teams for ICC (International Catering Cup) will take the technical challenge of a perfect soufflé. Bocuse d’Or will pay tribute to Paul Bocuse with a dish presented on a platter that will call upon their original talent and cooking instincts: a roasted rack of veal with 5 chops. The 30th anniversary of Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie full of novelties: a vegan dessert on a plate, blown sugar in the artistic piece, honney biscuit for the chocolate dessert supporting the environmental programme “Abeille, sentinelle de l’environnement”.
News on every animation spaces:
- Wine Bar: A series of conferences and exchanges will be organised by associations Inter Rhône, Inter Beaujolais, Œnothèque Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes and Eurocave, represented at the Wine Bar. Monday 28 January, a contest ‘Jeunes Sommeliers Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes’ organised by ASLERA (Rhône-Alpes Sommeliers Association Lyon and Rhône) and ‘Comité des vins AURA Wine Commetee’ will reward young sommeliers from the region, under the patronage of Laurent Derhé and Arnaud Chambost, MOF sommeliers, sponsored by Philippe Faure Brac, Best Sommelier in the World (Rio 1992) and Meilleur Ouvrier de France Honoris Causa distinction.
- Cuisines en scène: Masse Battle Trophy, Trophy for the best Maître d’hôtel, Festival of Gastronomic Creativity, regional selection event for the Best Apprentice charcutier-caterer, Gargantua. New: To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the cheese mongers MOF distinction, the ‘Concours National des Fromagers’ becomes ‘French Cup of cheese morgers’ and a new contest for Cheese monger-Cooks is introduced. The French national association UFAURA (Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Cheese Union) aims to bring together all the cheese mongers who hold the MOF distinction for the occasion.
- 5 contests on Café Show: French Barista Championships, Latte Art, Coffee in Good Spirits, Brewers Cup and Cup Tasting
- Maison de la Pâtisserie et Glacerie: New look that draws inspiration from the latest trends in design. Exceptional contests: 13th European Sugar Contest, 9th European Championship of frozen desserts and 4th French Championship of Gourmand Art.
- Tendances Pain: 14th edition of Bakery French Cup and 48th Contest for the best young international bakers.
AROUND AND ABOUT LYON?
So many stars… On the occasion of the Sirha the ‘Dîner des Grands Chefs’ will bring together in the heart of Lyon on Tuesday 29th, January the greatest starred chefs in the world. A prestigious dinner among peers organised at Lyon City Hall. The major personalities in gastronomy from the 5 continents will take part in the event.
BIG – Biennale Internationale du Goût – will take place in January under a new form and will involve Lyon‘s restaurateurs and gastronomy aficionados. Monday January 28th, the Halles Paul-Bocuse will stay open for the Festiv’Halles evening event and will welcome Sirha exhibitors and partners, as well as Lyon’s gourmet amateurs.