With 1,340 businesses created in 2016 in France, the bakery sector is booming. This is up 3.8 % compared with 2014 (source INSEE) and shows the keen interest of entrepreneurs for the bakery-pastry industry. Launch strategy, manufacturing equipment, sales models, financing, management tools, merchandizing: all the solutions necessary to expand, create or optimize businesses are featured at Europain.
Artisans, retailers, industrials or currently retraining: all entrepreneurs from the bakery and pastry sector converge on Paris to attend the major event in the industry, from February 3rd to 6th, 2018.
THE PRO’S TESTIMONIAL
Joël Defives, Bakery Chef, holder of the ‘Meilleur Ouvrier de France’ distinction
‘Today, the figures for business and job creation are positive in the bakery industry. This is a sign that our trade is changing, shops disappear every day, but others take their place following consumers’ new movements and expectations. This dynamics is carried by creators and investors who spur emulation in professionals in the field and enhance desire from their clients. In order to detect these changes, entrepreneurs in the industry visit professional shows to exchange with their peers, meet the trade federation or specialists who can offer them support with their everyday challenges.’
A PROMISING MARKET IN EUROPE
The bakery and sandwich bar frequentation is growing in Europe. Especially in France where the frequentation and the average basket are the highest.
EUROPAIN, THE PLACE WHERE ENTREPRENEURS COME TO SHARE AND DISCOVER…
Four days dedicated to animations, demonstrations and conferences will offer visitors of Europain a fascinating experience, packed with practical solutions, efficient encounters and useful discoveries covering all aspects of their business. Meeting top professionals, discovering the most creative techniques, listening to the opinions of the most competent experts: everything is possible at Europain.
NEW At the heart of the event the Forum will propose 4 days centred on exchanges: around forty themes, debates and reviews with 80 French and international contributors from all over the world. Entrepreneurs will thus benefit from top expert advice. They will also discover new models and find solutions to their sourcing, manufacturing and management issues. The themes include as follows:
- A review of opportunities in 4 international markets: North America, Africa, South America and Asia, with testimonials from local players including Michel SUAZ – San Francisco Baking Institute -and Pascal RIGO – founder of the American chain of bakeries La Boulange
- Illustration of an international entrepreneurial success – Eric KAYSER
- Initiatives to produce local: the example of ‘Robins des Champs’ founded by Christophe GIRARDET and farmer Gilbert BERNACHON
EUROPAIN: ALL FACETS OF THE BAKERY PASTRY, CHOCOLATE AND ICE-CREAM INDUSTRY IN ONE LOCATION
Over 4 days the 48,000 m² of Hall 6 will bring together approximately 500 exhibitors as well as all the key players in the bakery and pastry sectors worldwide. The new sector layout is now structured into three themes that are relevant to all visitors, regardless of the format or size of their business and volume of production:
- Manufacturing: This section is dedicated to creation and production. Professionals will find the equipment, appliances and ingredients to manufacture in all quantities and varieties.
- Sales: In this section entrepreneurs in the bakery, pastry or chocolate making sectors will have access to the best solutions to sell their products in-store or to go.
- Managing: Entrepreneurs are also managers. This section features all the management tools and aids available to them: financing, legal assistance, recruitment tools, insurance…
EUROPAIN, A CONCENTRATE OF INNOVATIONS IN THE BAKERY-PASTRY INDUSTRY
The world of agrofood is undergoing rapid changes in a highly competitive market. The opportunities offered by new equipment and ingredients represent the key to future success. Europain has therefore set as one of its priorities to promote the latest innovations for the industry. To ensure that visitors are able to quickly identify the latest products, innovations and services, these will be highlighted throughout the venue. They will also feature on the website and the app dedicated to the show, as well as in the documents made available to visitors and the themed visitor routes. Moreover, the Innovation Awards and Visitors Prize will reward the most innovative products and solutions.